Perhaps one of the most meaningful reasons we tend to ‘fall’ in love with patterned tile is its relevance, now and 20 years from now. When it comes to interior design, crafting with a product that is both trendy and timeless is as rare as it is exciting. When “done well,” designers can achieve a result that people can enjoy, regardless of their generation or personal taste.
With our sincere love for tile, we’ve come up with nearly a dozen reasons why you should consider “fall” ing in love with patterned tile, too:
- There are countless design options. Go ahead, start Googling and try to count them all. It’s not possible!
- Browse a slew of formats. From tile to adhesives, designers can find formats to fit whatever their project calls for.
- The design industry offers a match for any space. Because of the improvements in printing technology, some tile designers can offer custom patterned tile work.
- It adds a complementary style. If there is a space that is simple or basic, patterned tile in a small area can have a big impact on the overall aesthetic.
- Go simple or grand. Whether it’s a backsplash in a residential design project or the flooring in a big commercial project, the gratifying effect of good pattern design is always present.
- There are many trusted brands for designers to choose from. With the digital marketplace expanding, there are more ways for more brands to see and be seen.
- Patterned tile is visually stimulating. It has been proven that patterns enhance customer experience.
- Tile that has patterns is useful for all interior designers, regardless of their experience level.
- Designers can choose the effect they want their tile to have. Texture, depth, and color are all in the control of the creator.
- Experiencing a space with [great] patterned tile can lead guests/consumers to relay its worth via modern day word-of-mouth. (Aka: social media sharing, with hashtags like #ihavethisthingwithfloors)
- It’s trendy and it’s timeless. Interior design experts agree that decorative (or patterned) tile can be both.
Now that we’ve covered why we’re head over heels for patterned tile, let’s explore some of our favorite designs (and their makers) in the marketplace right now!
When we think of Arto Tile, we think of authentic flair and a focus on the details. That’s because their work is authentic, coming from human hands and local materials.
We can’t say enough good things about the Audrey Lane Collection. Our favorite thing about this brand is the option to use their free tile design tool to create one-of-a-kind patterns.
These tile designs come from hand-painted originals before being made into adhesives for any surface (floors, walls, etc). Mirth Studio is the result of good ole’ supply and demand. The creator needed something that the marketplace didn’t offer, so? She made it herself.
Want to dive deeper into the world of patterned tile? Contact your friendly, neighborhood surface ninja today!
This post was written by Matt Hepner